Monday 6 May 2013

End of module self evaluation, Design Context


What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have a applied them?

The skills i have developed throughout this project are not necessary technical, i have learned that finding a good place to print is essential, also through my research i have discovered a whole new aspect of film. The importance of critical analysis and historical context is very important and they help to inform your work and give you a better understanding of Graphic Design and other subject matters, such as films and photography, these both played a part when it came to making my publication.    


What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process? 

 The methods to design production i have gained are getting an understanding of my work/subject matter by gathering historical and contextual research. These methods have helped me to give me the means of creating the publication in its production plus giving me the content for the publication.




What strengths can you identify in your work and how have /will you capitalise on these? 

Some strengths i feel i have in my work that i have produced is layout, i think this is because having learned grids it has allowed me to prodiced well proportioned grids, i can then go and experiment with different ways to layout, seen in my final publication where the type is disburse. I will capitalise on this by experimenting more with different grids and maybe coming up with my own versions.   




What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future? 

A weakness i feel i have is time management, where by when it comes to the end of a module i become rushed. Managing my time better will help address this. Another weakness i feel is the quality of the final piece, where if im not rushed i could source different printing methods and ways to print so my final outcome is stronger.






Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1. Plan my time, this will allow me to become more organised and give me a better chance of doing some experimentation.
2. Look at other places to print and bind earlier on in the process, this will allow me to have a stronger outcome.  
3. Blog work on a more frequent basis this will again allow me to organise my time better so I can then look back at work and see what’s wrong by just looking at my blog, then giving me time to edit it.
4. Look at more designers and studios in the professional world, this will give me a understanding of what’s going on and help to get me a lot more inspiration.
5.  Go into a greater detail with my research, this will give me heaps more visuals that I can work from and give me a much better understanding of the subject matter, therefore giving me the tools to solve a problem.  



5=excellent,  4=very good,  3=good,  2=average, 1=poor 

-->

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance



x

Punctuality



x

Motivation


x


Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced


x


Quality of work produced


x


Contribution to group



x


No comments:

Post a Comment